Hastings Borough Council Street Trading consent application (Hastings Pride – not required)
Sussex Concepts Registration Form (Incl Market Dates if required)
Do not forget to email your supporting documents as requested below to firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION FOR STREET TRADING CONSENT
Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1982, Schedule 4
Please note this part of the application will not show once submitted
2M + Public Liability and Products Insurance
Very Low Risk – “Small cottage type” stall selling goods and products e.g. an individual selling trinkets, baskets, pottery, items of clothing [hats/gloves etc.].
£5M + Public Liability and Products Insurance
Medium Risk – Small trader/organisation stalls selling goods and products e.g. soft furnishing, edible or liquid products (e.g. wine) with low risk of allergic reactions , not using gas or electric appliances on the stall, face painting, stick on tattoos,
£10M + Public Liability and Products Insurance
Larger trader/organisation/ company selling goods and products e.g. combustible furnishing and or furniture, edible and liquid products with a risk of allergic reactions (may contain nuts), using gas or electric appliances on the stall or storing gas cylinders, bouncy castles, animal rides, or small fairground type attractions.
Please also note that where there are significant numbers of people congregating or where for example there are vehicles or equipment operating then significantly higher cover than £10m may be required.
If the stall holder employs anyone the Council requires £10M Employers Liability Insurance to be in place.
Terms & Conditions
1. We reserve the right to refuse or withdraw any booking at our discretion.
2. The stall must not be moved from the position where it is sited.
3. Traders must send in a copy of their Public Liability insurance, Products Liability and Employers’ Liability (unless a sole trader) for the amount outlined on the last page. Failure to provide this will mean your non-participation in the event.
4. If using gas, the appliance must comply with the LP Gas Association Code of Practice 24 (i.e. have a current LPG appliance certificate – a copy will be required.) Attached/ enclosed.
6. If using electrical appliances, these must still be in warranty period (copy required) or have a current PAT-testing certificate (a copy will be required). Please see accompanying note overleaf.
7. All Traders must comply with the Food Hygiene (England) Regulations 2006 and EU Regulation 852 2004 (copies available on request) and maybe expected to show they have appropriate understanding of food hygiene (e.g. by having a food hygiene certificate).
8. Traders refused must be taken to designated collection areas as and when required and cleared completely by the end of the event
9. Please ensure any oil or other contaminant material needs to be cleaned from the surface of the site under and around your stall after trading.
Traders Registration Form 2022
– Supporting Documents –
Please email copies of the following documents to email@example.com
Copy of your current Public Liability Insurance (Required)
Copy of your Food Hygiene Rating (If required)
Copy of your Food Hygiene Certificates (If required)
Copy of your current PAT Certificate (If required)
Copy of your current LPG Gas Safety Certificate (If required)
Please send all relevant documents to
otherwise we will not be able to proceed with your application. Thank you